I’m continuously iterating on this recipe to get better results. My idea of perfect meatballs is a crispy coat, and the inside being just the perfect balance between juiciness and fluffiness. I’ve learned that not overmixing tends to give me better results with respect to those goals.
For every pound of meat (I like using ground beef with 20% fat):
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- 1/4 cup panko (パン粉) breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup half and half (can be substituted with milk)
- 1/4 cup parmesan (freshly grated if possible)
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped parsley (or flakes)
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F.
- Mix all the ingredients together, taking particular sure not to overmix. Just make sure the ingredients are decently mixed together.
- Shape into appropriately-sized meatballs.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes. Internal temperature should read 165°F.